11.02.2011

Versatile Blogger Award


. So guess what?  Wow...Life's Simple Measures was given another award!  Remember the Stylish Blogger Award I received from Audrey a while back?  Well this time around, Kim, from Eat What You've Got, has tacked on a second award: the Versatile Blogger Award!  Like the Stylish Blogger Award, the rules are similar and quite simple..
  • Thank the person for the award and link back to their blog in your post.
  • Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
  • Give the award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact the above bloggers and let them know the exciting news.
Easy enough, right?!  Wrong.  I don't like talking about myself, so thinking up 7 new things [what's the fun in repeats from a previous post?!] to fill you in on could potentially be a little rough...but here it goes!

1.  I LOVE reading.  Wow Jess, way to start this out with a really interesting fact...but I've absolutely loved reading ever since I can remember, it's such an outlet!  Agreed?!  Agreed.  One of my all-time favorite authors is Jodi Picoult, you must check her out if you haven't already.  Some of my favorite books of hers include The Pact and Mercy, both absolute page turners!



2.  Both of my parents come from 6-sibling families, so needless to say I have a large number of relatives!  And as part of a Wakasugi tradition, the families all try to come together every 2 to 3 years for reunions at various locations.  It's always SUCH a fabulous time and you can bet that we eat our little hearts out at these things.

This is my immediate family, definitely not even HALF of the total number of relatives!
 3.  I work at Union Pacific Railroad in the Finance Department, specifically Corporate Audit.  Woot, woot!


4.  I didn't become interestd in baking until January 2009.  Crazy, huh?  I feel like most people discover this passion at an earlier age but better late than never!  I guess I can't really explain what pushed the 'baking button' in me but after my [failed] attempt at Whoopie Pies, I never looked back.


5.  I have a slight obsession with shopping.  But c'mon, what girl doesn't?!  I also grew up down the road from the Mall of America so can you really blame me?


6.  I absolutely love traveling.  The day I travel to Europe is the day I can die a happy woman.


7.  And last but not least...Brit has been Bystryzckied!  Brit and Tim finally tied the knot on October 1, 2011.  Brit looked absolutely stunning in her gorgeous dress and it seemed the like the day was completed without a hitch!  Congratulations again, you two!  Love you both [and Nora!]!!


And now to give out this award to 15 others...venture on over to their blogs to check out these wonderful reads!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award! I love to read too. Those are some great books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you so much!!! :) I had fun reading your post- I LOVE getting to know people that way. Have a wonderful day and THANK you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you grew up across from the MOA. Shout out to Bloomington! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: