5.24.2011

Tried & True Tuesday: Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars...Yet another repeat!

. Ever have one of those days?  Or one of those weeks?  Or one of those seemingly endless periods of life that just don't seem to get much worse or much better?  Well I'm in one of those.  Whatever 'those' is.  And I say boo to that.


So needless to say, this is a lazy post.  One that didn't take much thinking or require much of me searching through my past recipes.  Sorry, I just don't feel like much else.

But I thought this would actually be a great opportunity to post the step-by-step pictures for the Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars that I promised a few Tried & True Tuesday's ago.  I know it's been awhile but better late than never!  And one bite of these will turn any day right around!


Hope you enjoy these pictures, however, I have to say that these probably don't do this dessert justice.  It's so ridiculously easy that it's hard to imagine how absolutely, wonderfully decadent these bars turn out.  But they do.  They really do .
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Adapted from AllRecipes.com


Ingredients:
2 (8 oz. each) packages cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 (10 oz. each) cans Big & Flakey refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 c. sugar
 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1/4 c. honey

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 350°F.  Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.

2.  Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla extract in medium-sized bowl until smooth.  Set aside.


3.  Unroll cans of dough and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 13x9-inch rectangles.  Press one piece into bottom of pan.



4.  Evenly spread cream cheese mixture into pan.  Cover filling with remaining piece of dough.



5.  Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and butter.  Dot mixture on top of bars.



6.  Bake 30 minutes or until dough has puffed and turned golden brown.  Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.  Cool completely in pan.


Yield: 24 bars

7 comments:

  1. Wow..Looks so..yummy..Thanks for sharing this recipe
    Saranya
    http://foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED THOSE ASAP!!! Holy deliciousness. Girl, I hope things start going up for you:) You are AMAZING!!!! This recipe made my morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic twist on a sopapilla. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! I love sopapillas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come join my blog party! It's called A Themed Baker's Sunday and this week's theme is cupcakes! If you don't have any, come by next week for the new theme!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-7.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMM! This looks so good! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike =o) This is one of the best desserts I've had in a log time (and I've had a lot of desserts.) =o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: